Mardi 27 juin nous avons passé la journée à la ferme exotique. Nous avons ap...Read all
MORE THAN 25 YEARS OF TALENT !
- A BILINGUAL EARLY LEARNING SECTION (French – English) for combining activities in both languages for children of all nationalities, from 3 years old.
- A BILINGUAL PRIMARY SECTION (French – English) under local educational authority partnership agreement, bringing together students of all nationalities from 6 years old. The French students follow the official program of Education (in French and Mathematics) and the Common Base of Knowledge and Skills established by the Ministry of Education.
- A BILINGUAL MIDDLE SCHOOL, continuing from the Primary section, which welcomes pupils of all nationalities, from Lower Middle School (10 years old) until Upper Middle School (13 years old).
- A SENIOR SCHOOL preparing students aged 14 to 18 years for international IGCSE examinations (16) and the British Advanced Levels (18). French college students can also take full advantage of one or two years at BIS, with immersion in the English language.
- A DEPARTMENT OF LANGUAGES providing workshops and language courses for children and teenagers.
B.I.S. has been managed by a co-operative (SCOP) since 1999. The teaching and administrative team is the senior partner : every decision or action is exclusively dedicated to improving learning and student life.
The students come from over twenty countries and their length of stay ranges from six months to ten years. In Early Learning, Primary and Middle School / College, approximately 50% of the students are French. In the English High School, there are a large majority of English-speaking students, but also students from all backgrounds and nationalities, including French, who prepare university entrance diplomas for their stay in a foreign school.
Madame Christine Cussac
Moving to France, for whatever reason, is an exciting adventure, and an opportunity to enjoy a new way of life. However, language barriers and education can sometimes cause concerns. Bordeaux International School can help to smooth this transfer. Older children sometimes find it difficult to integrate into the French education system, which can be further compounded by a limited understanding of the language, but Bordeaux International School provides continuity of curriculum and facilitates the acquisition of bilingual skills through its international staff.